Senior Registry Administrator
England, West Midlands, Coventry - £12.74 per hour
Coventry City Centre based
12.74 per hour
12 Month contract
Monday-Friday 08.30-17.00 (1 hour lunch)
We are supporting our Group registry team to recruit for an Administrator to join their busy team
This role will be to provide full administrative support to the Group Quality Unit as part of a multi-functional team in its delivery of wide-ranging services to Faculty/School administrators, academic staff and external bodies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Providing administrative support to the Assistant Registrar (Group Quality Unit) and Principal Registry Officers as required; including the supervision and training of new members of staff.
* Contributing to the smooth operation of the unit by responding and dealing effectively with enquiries from staff, external bodies and members of the public, both by telephone and in person, processing and providing information and documentation as appropriate, ensuring compliance with current legislation. The post holder will be required to think ahead and develop initiatives to proactively resolve problems as they arise.
* Being responsible for maintaining infrastructure course data records to the highest standard utilising the University's corporate IT systems, specifically UNIVERSE; taking responsibility for the accuracy and currency of such records; liaising with Faculty/School staff to resolve any issues that arise.
* Assisting with the preparation, printing, scanning, photocopying and electronic archiving of a variety of documents, including correspondence, memoranda, reports and other administrative papers, liaising as appropriate with academic and professional services staff across the University.
* Taking responsibility for the organisation of events, including away days, workshops etc.; including involvement in the production of guidance notes and delivery of presentations.
* Taking responsibility for organising and preparing documentation in relation to course approval events; liaising with partner institutions as necessary.
* Managing and responding to enquiries via the designated central email boxes.
* Assisting with the preparation and submission of documents, reports and/or returns to external agencies and government departments (e.g. Quality Assurance Agency, EDEXCEL, HEFCE, External Examiners).
* Assisting in the development, testing and maintenance of administrative and computer-based systems, e.g. UNIVERSE, liaising with IT Services and other stakeholders as necessary.