England, London - £23,753 - £24,753 per annum
The Information Assistant provides assistance to users of the Library at Coventry University London. The Information Assistant provides excellent support for staff and students on the Service Desk, as well as supporting duties involved with the operation of the library.
This position is based at our centre near Liverpool Street station, but will also cover on a regular basis our centre in Vauxhall. The exact balance of hours between campuses will vary from week to week depending on demand.
1. Responsible for the operation and security of the library and the collection, according to the agreed processes and procedures, during evening opening hours.
2. Provides Library services to users during opening hours. Helps users with using the self-service facilities as well as accessing online resources. Deals with Library account issues as required
(payment of fines, blocks, reservations), issuing and returning equipment, and first line IT queries.
3. Deals with a wide range of enquiries, in person, online and by phone.
4. Carries out duties and tasks supporting the operation and administration of Library activities, for example, processing of new stock, maintenance of reading lists, and statistics compilation using Excel.
5. Maintains appropriate communication with the rest of the Library and Learning Innovation team and other university services to share and log any queries and issues, to deliver a high quality and consistent service.
6. Ensures Library study areas are clear and tidy. Re-shelves items in a timely manner and ensures collection is in good order.
7. Promotes and reinforces professional behaviour and a professional environment both in the library and around the campus in dealings with staff and students, and enforces the code of conduct.
8. Actively contributes to the development of new services, processes and initiatives.
9. Provides additional cover for staff absences during other opening hours by prior arrangement.
10. Ensuring compliance with Data Protection legislation and the Freedom of Information Act (2000) and all other rules and regulations that govern the work completed for Coventry University London.
11. Any other tasks and duties as and when required by the Library Operations Manager or the Head of Library and Learning Innovation.
This position is based at our centre near Liverpool Street station, but will also cover on a regular basis our centre in Vauxhall.
£23,753 per annum + London Weighting
The exact balance of hours between campuses will vary from week to week depending on demand.