England, London - £21,182 - £22,182 per annum
The Information Assistant provides assistance to users of the Library at Coventry University London (Middlesex Street) during our evening opening hours. The Information Assistant provides excellent support for staff and students on the Service Desk, as well as supporting duties involved with the operation of the Library.
The regular pattern of hours for this post is currently Wednesday to Friday evenings, and Saturday afternoons, term-time only,
Whilst regular hours will be agreed with the successful candidate, the post holder may have the opportunity for additional hours to cover staff absences within the team, which may be during the day, evening or weekends at either our Middlesex Street or Vauxhall libraries.
Availability to work additional hours to provide cover in addition to regular hours is discussed with the line manager.
1. Responsible for the operation and security of the library and the collection, according to the agreed processes and procedures, during evening opening hours.
2. Provides Library services to users during opening hours. Helps users with using the self-service facilities as well as accessing online resources. Deals with Library account issues as required (payment of fines, blocks, reservations), issuing and returning equipment, and first line IT queries.
3. Deals with a wide range of enquiries, in person, online and by phone.
4. Carries out duties and tasks supporting the operation and administration of Library activities, for example, processing of new stock, maintenance of reading lists, and textbook distribution and statistics compilation using Excel.
5. Maintains appropriate communication with the rest of the Library and Learning Innovation team and other university services to share and log any queries and issues, to deliver a high quality and consistent service.
6. Ensures Library study areas are clear and tidy. Re-shelves items in a timely manner and ensures collection is in good order.
Coventry University London Campus , E1 7JF
Salary £21,182 (pro rata) plus bonus and benefits
This is currently a term time only (40 weeks) position. The usual hours will be Wednesdays - Fridays 4pm to 10pm and Saturdays 1pm - 7pm.