England, West Midlands, Coventry - £18 - £19.00 per hour
As People are at the core of our continued success, we are seeking a tempory People Advisor to join our team on a temporary basis and provide support to our Professional Services & Commercial Subsidiaries.
Reporting to a People Partner, your key role will be to provide proactive support to stakeholders in employee relations cases, recruitment and performance and absence. You will be coaching managers and developing excellent working relationships with your client groups. In this generalist role, you will also undertake project work (as required) working closely with the wider People Team in supporting business strategy and facilitating change programmes.
You will have experience of leading and supporting employee relations cases to conclusion. You will be an effective communicator, willing to challenge and coach as necessary and enjoy working with rapidly changing priorities. Flexibility, pace and resilience are key as is the ability to manage multiple competing demands in a complex global environment.
Key Skills and Experience
* Educated to degree level and hold CIPD or equivalent professional qualification
* Experience of working within an operational HR advisory role in a large, complex, matrixed organisation.
* Experience and knowledge of working with key HR policies (i.e. disciplinary, grievance, sickness absence management)
* Case Management experience up to and including employment tribunal preparation.
* Ability to interpret employment/labour law in a range of complex work situations and mitigate risk
* Experience of delivering high quality services through excellent customer service skills and practices.
* Responsible for case management across allocated business areas.
* Lead and support managers in all areas of case management including disciplinary, capability, grievance, redundancy, absence and restructure activity with their teams.
* Advise and coach managers and employees in all significant areas of HR policies and procedures, as appropriate and necessary in line with Employment Law requirements.
* Manage the sickness absence process for both frequent and long-term sickness absence, and provide support managers.
* Lead on capability and performance procedures, supporting managers to ensure they are equipped to achieve and maintain a high performance culture in their team.
* Support with the Organisational Change processes, specifically with the administration and planning of the process.
* Responsible for working with line managers to create Job Descriptions and
ensuring they are evaluated through the appropriate reward framework.
* Maintain confidentiality, be aware of and work to the University Group's Policies and Procedures in respect of Data Protection, Employment Legislation; Health and Safety Guidelines and HR best practice