Trainee Sales Engineer
England, West Midlands, Coventry - £21,000 - £23,000 per annum
Trainee Sales Engineer
Overall purpose of role
* To train to be an office based Hydraulic Systems division Sales engineer and to liaise with customers at all levels to solve their fluid power problems and sell the Systems Division product.
* Liaise with staff from design, purchasing, manufacturing and quality departments.
* Support service contracts and service engineers.
After job specific training the role will involve the following:-
* Liaise with existing and potential customers from shop floor personnel to Director Level to understand the technical requirements and work with the customer towards a suitable solution in association with other members of the sales team initially.
* Learn to design the hydraulic circuit and liaise with electrical / electronic division and contractors as required.
* Select suitable components.
* Compile accurate costings for project.
* Prepare tender documentation including Technical documents.
* Liaise with the customer to win orders.
* Prepare detailed parts lists.
* Liaise with design office during the design process.
* Contract manage the project with the client at all stages of design, manufacture,
installation and commissioning as required.
* Manage project budgets and commercial issues.
* Write test procedures.
* Get hands on with testing and commissioning as required.
* Organise and support service contracts.
* We are looking for a suitable graduate who would have had some experience in industry and ideally studied fluid power and or control during their education and be willing to study and learn about hydraulic system technology.
* A basic knowledge of electrical / electronic control systems although not essential would be an advantage.
* The candidate must be self-motivated and willing to work as part of a small team.
* Good communications skills both verbal at all levels and written are essential.
* The candidate must be practical and be willing and able to get involved with hands on testing circuit concepts and systems as required.
* As the position requires as a minimum the use of Word and Excel the candidate must be computer literate.
Education and qualifications:
* Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.