England, West Midlands, Coventry - £25,735 - £34,531 per annum
People/ HR Advisor
Salary £25,735 to £34,531
6 Month Contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Advisor to join Coventry University's People Team on a six month contract. Working within the International and Commercial team, this role will focus on specific project needs, which will require strong organisational/project management and data management abilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Lead, support and guide managers in all HR related areas of the projects you will be focusing on.
* Lead, support and guide managers in all areas of case management within their team including: disciplinary, capability, grievance, redundancy, and absence and restructure activity with their teams.
* Coach Managers and employees in all significant areas of HR policies and procedures, as appropriate and necessary. Acting as an escalation on these matters from the People Customer Service Centre Line 2 and specialist support teams.
* Conduct sickness absence meetings for both frequent and long-term sickness absence, and support managers in establishing an appropriate strategy to facilitate early return to work, undertaking home visits and liaising with occupational health services as required
* Undertake informal meetings with employees when required to facilitate the early resolution of matters which may result in a grievance meeting.
* Undertake document management and production of administration for all case work.
* Support the line at each stage of capability and performance procedures, (including probationary) ensuring they are equipped to effectively ensure they achieve a high performance culture within their team.
* Provide an ER Reporting framework that offers visibility and value added management information and analysis to management teams and the senior People Leadership Team
* Participate in the recruitment, induction and training of staff, providing an effective resourcing service to the area as informed by the customer's people plan.
* Conduct exit interviews as required and providing appropriate feedback to the area where necessary.
* Support the People Partners in all people planning, and performance processes as required.
* Provide appropriate support to the People Partners in the preparation of Employment Tribunal cases, including arranging case conferences and briefings, preparing bundles and other information for legal purposes.
* Support the Strategic People Partners & People Partners in Organisational Change processes, specifically in terms of the administration and planning of the process including setting up meetings, interview schedules, preparing letters and supporting the redundancy and redeployment process.
* Own the People Pack for the customer group, ensuring the correct and continual improvement of data supply from the People Customer Service Centre. Brief the People Partners and line managers as requested on a monthly basis of the trends and insights from the people pack.
* Act as a key link with People Customer Service Centre, being the first point of escalation into the People Partnering Team for complex queries. Aim to resolve first time, or progress the escalation into the appropriate member of the People Partnering Team.
* Support the People Partner in areas of project work as appropriate.
* Maintain confidentiality, be aware of and work to the University Group's Policies and Procedures in respect of Data Protection, Employment Legislation; Health and Safety Guidelines and HR best practice.
* Qualified to Honours Degree level
* Significant demonstrable HR experience or Certificate in HR Practice
* Must hold, or be willing to work towards, CIPD or equivalent professional this qualification
* Experience of working in an HR role
* Experience leading and working on Projects
* Knowledge and experience of working with key HR policies (i.e disciplinary, grievance, sickness, absence management)
* Case Management experience
* Experience of working in a Higher Education Institution or large organisation
* Excellent organisational/project management and data management abilities.
* Working within a team which operates a shared services for basic query management
* Numerate and literate
* Excellent IT Skills in Microsoft packages
* Ability to operate and enhance computerised systems
* Ability to record, analyse and present a variety of data
* Planning and organisational skills
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Ability to relate to people at all levels with courtesy and professionalism
* Excellent presentation and communication skills both verbally and in writing
* Ability to influence others.
* Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
* Act on own initiative within given guidelines
* Ability to exercise judgement and operate to a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
* Willingness to participate in other areas of HR work as and when required
* Must demonstrate cultural awareness including ability to travel within and outside of the UK to represent the Team/University Group as required.