England, West Midlands, Coventry - £25,735 - £34,531 per annum
Coventry City Centre
Salary range £25,735 to £34,531
3 Months Contract - Immediate start
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Graphic Designer to join Coventry University's Marketing team on a 3 month contract. Working closely with the Studio Manager you will be responsible for allocated projects, understanding and delivering all aspects of design work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Working on projects from design concept through to final artwork and production liaising with Marketing Managers to ensure accurate reports on progress are communicated to the clients as necessary throughout the process, maintaining progress charts (managed through job bags) of all work and undertaking all administration relating to projects.
* Generate instructions and liaise on a day-to-day basis both with internal teams and external suppliers.
* Prepare visuals, layouts, detailed typographic and other specifications and produces finished artwork to a high standard - consistent with visual identity guidelines.
* Negotiate with potential suppliers to achieve value for money in respect of specialist services, equipment and materials.
* Work to predetermined agreed budgets and prepare paperwork for the ordering of specialist services, equipment and materials - authorised by the Director of Marketing and Communications.
* Guide clients on operational procedures and effective use of available resources.
* Assist the Studio Manager with the general running and maintenance of the studio.
* AND carries out such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and its grading.
* Degree in Graphic Design, HND in Graphic Design, HNC in Graphic Design, or BTEC National Diploma in Graphic Design.
* Proven demonstrable studio experience in large organisations.
* Able to work on own from concept through to production.
* Computer experience with relevant Mac OSX Operating System and Apple Mac literate.
* Knowledge of specialist packages: Adobe Creative Suite, Quark Express and Microsoft Office.
* Art working experience in a commercial studio (or similar).
* Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
* Design solutions.
* Strong Analytical & Organisational Skills.
* Self-initiative and motivation.
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to communicate well with a range of personalities over disparate subject matter.
* Able to work on own and as part of a team.
* Good influencing skills - to "sell"
* Design solutions.
* Demonstrate a positive and flexible approach to work - will involve some evening/weekend working.
* An appreciation of other cultures; the global reach of the University and its international agenda.