England, West Midlands, Coventry - £10 - £11 per hour
Coventry City Centre
£10.27 an hour - 36.5 hours a week
3 Month Temporary Contract
As Finance Assistant you will undertake a range of duties that vary in accordance with the special focus of your team and the customers to whom they provide a service. You will work effectively as part of a team supporting the team manager and other senior management within the wider Finance Department.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for duties that may include:
* Prepare first draft monthly management accounts reports (actual v budget and actual v forecast) for Professional Services management for review by the Finance Business Partner
* Maintain General Ledger (GL) accounts, including requesting budget requirements, raising journal requests, coding queries, budget profiling, transactional coding and balance sheet reconciliations.
* Deal with all relevant day to day finance queries and provide a first point of contact for Professional Service colleagues. Provide training to Professional Services colleagues on relevant Finance items as required.
* Monitor actual v budget and actual v forecast accounts. Lead on advising Professional Services staff on the correct coding of transactions.
* Monitor staff salary accounts and report any variances to budget with analysis of the reasons for the variances. Support the approval process by reviewing all AP requests and giving the Finance Business Partner the necessary information to support or not support the request.
* Assist the Finance Business Partner in preparing timely, complete and accurate management information using an appropriate level of IT skills
* Monitor the posting of GL journals, following up queries with relevant colleagues to ensure complete and compliant journals are posted.
*GL maintenance - setting up new Account codes and other posting attributes, advising on coding issues and budget requirements.
* Review and maintain intercompany, intracompany, recharge and suspense accounts, including running Trial Balance and other reports.
*Assist Accountants and Assistant Accountants in the annual estimates, year end, monthly accounts and quarterly forecasting processes to strict deadlines in accordance with best practice.
* Extract, collate, review and post the monthly GRNI (goods received not yet invoiced) reports for all entities.
*Monitor and report on all Area spend targets and reconcile these back to the approved budgets.
*Assist in the preparation of accurate and timely information required for external and internal auditors.
*Provide a high quality of customer service through the provision of accurate and confidential financial information to stakeholders in relation to their individual needs.
*Assist in promoting and advising on activities related to Finance activity to ensure accuracy and compliance with company and statutory requirements.
*Assist with the induction and training of other team members in areas of own expertise to ensure the team is multi skilled and can provide continuity of service across all areas.
*Maintain accounts, ledgers, files and records accurately and in accordance with best practice and accounting standards.
*Undertake project work as required by senior staff, assisting with the development of any administrative or financial systems, producing and maintaining procedural notes for all tasks.
*Develop a good understanding of the finance system and the General Ledger structure and of financial regulations and procedures.
*Develop a good understanding of the human resources and student records systems
*Develop a good understanding of the VAT rules applying to both income and payments.
*Qualified with a degree in Finance or Accountancy or Progress in completing a recognised accountancy qualification.
*Experience working within a similar role in a customer focused environment
*Knowledge of basic accounting concepts.
*Ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines, working with minimal supervision in a busy office environment
*Excellent written and oral communication skills
*Ability to communicate effectively with customers from different cultures and awareness and sensitivity towards other cultures
*Ability to work to own initiative in a proactive manner.
*Excellent customer service skills