Customer Service Co-ordinator
England, West Midlands, Coventry - £10 per hour
Purpose of Role
Working as part of a team responsible for providing a professional and efficient first point of contact people service within the People Customer Service Centre. Working to support the range of employment administration, from recruitment to exit, including payroll services, for the whole of the Group. This role will flex between first line and second line services, as defined by the Centre's operating model support. The overarching aim is to provide a comprehensive seamless service covering a broad level of advice and transactional services across the employment cycle for both UK and international activities.
Responsible for providing a first point of customer contact via telephone, e-mail and administrative services, through effective use of the call logging system, HR information system and providing the interface between the business and the specialist experts, People Partnering team and Senior Management within the People Team. Undertake other work associated with the wider HR People team as appropriate.
This role is being offered as part of our new Degree Apprenticeship Programme which gives you the opportunity to study and apply this learning in your job role. Studying for a degree will form part of the offer and therefore you need to be able to commit to studying over a 4 year period.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1.Provide a 'First Response' service to clients and employees requiring HR or Recruitment advice, whether in person, by telephone, e-mail or Internet taking prompt and effective action and using the call logging system to track all contact with the Customer Service Centre.
2.Implement and maintain systems, processes and procedures that support high standards of customer service in the delivery of transactional people processes in line with service level agreements, across the Group.
3. Provide a full range of recruitment administration services and support to HR People Partners, Advisors, Subject Experts and Senior HR colleagues including the input of data/information onto systems for each stage of the recruitment process. Advise on and recommend short lists for approval, ensure interviews are arranged with appropriate venues, candidate liaison, medical and references are obtained, deal with first line recruitment queries and assist with interviews, and preparing contracts of employment for successful candidates.
4. Assist with preparing and delivering training courses to support the University's Recruitment Process, ensuring University Group staff are appropriately trained.
5. Ensure that agreed Group policies and procedures in respect of Recruitment are followed and compliance with employment legislation, both nationally and internationally.
6. Liaison with the University's Group appointed Advertising agent, and other providers as appropriate, to ensure the best value media options are selected for advertising vacancies resulting in the Group attracting quality candidates.
7. Process the recording of absence data and hourly paid employees time sheet notifications.
8. Administer the employment cycle processes including the input of data/information onto the HR System and preparing amendments to contracts and processing leaver information.
9. Escalate, in a timely manner, any issues that require management or expertise in respective areas to resolve.
10. Ensure all work is carried out within the employment legislation, HR best practice, University Group policies and University Group Health and Safety guidelines.
11. Maintain confidentiality and be aware of, and adhere to current University Group policy on Data Protection.
12. Maintain information databases, including filing into personnel files and housekeeping of documentation as well as archive storage.
AND such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose.
ATTRIBUTES ESSENTIAL ADVANTAGEOUS
Educated to 'A' Level standard or equivalent, NVQ level 3 Studying or willingness to study for a professional qualification e.g. Certificate in Personnel Practice
Experience(Paid and Unpaid)Experience of previously working in ahigh performing customer focused environment.Proven experience in administrative work, within a fast moving, high volume environment. Experience of working in an HR function
Experience of working in a Higher
Education Institution or large
Excellent customer service skills and experience. Numerate and literate. Ability to competently use Microsoft,Excel, Word, and Outlook Ability to use computerised information systems. Ability to record, present and accurately analyse data using a range of information systems.
High attention to detail / accuracy, Basic knowledge of employment legislation
Interpersonal Skills Ability to relate to people at all levels with courtesy and professionalism. High level communication skills both verbally and in writing
Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team. Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Understand the role of the Human
Resources function. Effective presentation skills.
Act on own initiative
Ability to exercise judgement and operate to a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
A flexible approach in order to support other areas of work as and when Must demonstrate cultural awareness. Able to commit to study for a degree.