England, West Midlands, Coventry - £30,000 - £32,000 per annum
Our clients seeks a competent Commodity Buyer for a long standing Engineering company .
Supply Chain Manager.
Based at Coventry
Overall purpose of role
* To deliver cost leadership to the business through improved quality products, cost and
delivery optimisation for all suppliers / services to th companies.
* Implement procurement strategies for all key / high value categories with framework
agreements including monitoring and reviews of KPI's for all responsible categories.
o Main categories but not all - Castings, Forgings and Extrusions, profiles, Hydraulic
components and Raw Materials
* Research and develop new supply sources from Low Cost Countries
* Carry out international research for technology suppliers, technology partners & new
* Understand the 'at risk suppliers' within commodity and set contingency plans to resolve.
* Work to achieve company cost down targets within all responsible categories.
* Review & monitor new & existing suppliers' performance.
* Build and develop relationships with key suppliers.
* Place orders for materials / services in line with company's requirements per the negotiated
* Maintain procurement files on all activities undertaken / ongoing.
* Prepare reports on a frequency determined on all category activities.
* Work to pre-determined deadlines & work the necessary hours to meet objectives.
* Support and react quickly to resolve day to day problems to the satisfaction of the relevant
department and assist in long term projects where Purchasing involvement is required.
* To give key support to all departments by working closely to ensure professional working are
* Expedite materials / services when required to ensure continuation of Manufacture.
* Monitor, track and report pricing / raw material changes within all categories.
* Monitor and report on PPV (Purchasing Price Variance) on a monthly basis.
* Work in accordance with procedures and develop new processes as required.
* Support introduction of any new systems / processes which may arise.
* Carry out other duties as and when directed by the company.
* Ensure that constructive working relationships are built and maintained both internally and
with key third party personnel such as suppliers.
* Ensure that individual targets and objectives are met and in line with the Company's PDR
system.* Adhere to all H&S requirements.
Skills & Experience
* Strong and effective negotiator with proven track record.
* Understand and able to translate engineering / technical drawings.
* Dedicated and able to work on own initiative.
* Have a lateral thinking approach to problem solving.
* An unimpeachable standard of integrity in all business relationships both inside and outside
of the company.
* Able to positively react to change.
* Strong computer literate within Microsoft Office, Excel specifically.
* Tenacity to follow through on tough business decisions.
* Effective management approach in managing priorities on a workday / week / monthly basis.
* Able to communicate effectively to all levels of the business.
* Working cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results.
* Be a key team player and ability to multi task.
* Attention to detail.
* Work to the best interests of the company.
* Analytical, accurate and performance orientated.
Education and qualifications
* HND / Degree Level.
* MCIPS qualified preferred.
* Full driving license