CNC Setter Operator
England, West Midlands, Coventry - £24,954 - £25,703 per annum
Salary £24,945pa - £25,703 depending on experience
Employer contributory pension scheme
33 days holiday per year pro rata
Free life assurance on start
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 4.00pm and Friday 7.30am to 1.00pm
· To assist management in the promotion, implementation and maintenance of product Quality standards.
Description of duties:
* Set and operates CNC machines efficiently.
* Work to drawings and specifications with minimum supervision.
* Work to tight tolerances and check your own work.
* Refer to drawings to determine machining strategies
* Be able to read and use micrometres, comparators, Vernier callipers and other measuring equipment.
* Work on own initiative and understand the manufacturing process.
* Prove out new programmes and edit accordingly at the machine, keeping machine downtime to a minimum.
* Select appropriate tooling to machine parts.
* Set and operates CNC machines for one off and small batch production assisting other operators when required.
* Report any problems / non-conformance issues to the Section Leader / PED / Quality
* Ensure the highest quality is maintained at all times.
* Ensure job card is completed for all operations and process stages.
* Keep a clean and manageable working area at all times.
* Fulfil training programmes deemed necessary to allow for efficient performance and assist
Your personal development.
* Take a responsible approach to health, safety and environmental risks in relation to your
* Run other machines if required due to business requirements at the time.
* Any other duties as required, commensurate with the role of a CNC Setter / Operator.
Education and Experience · Completion of an approved apprenticeship or equivalent · Ability to read and interpret drawings. · Previous work experience in an engineering/manufacturing Quality Control function. · Computer literate.
CNC Setter Operator