2nd Line Service Desk Analyst
England, West Midlands, Coventry - £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Our client provides IT Help Desk Support to a range of blue chip/high profile companies and due to winning major additional UK and European contracts, the business currently has two 2nd Line Service Desk Analyst opportunities. The opportunities are suited to either individuals with a minimum of 1 year 1st Line experience looking for their next career move, or a similar level of 2nd Line experience currently.
The Service Desk is the initial point of contact for clients reporting system faults and therefore works within set service levels for the highest level of customer service, ensuring and efficient and effective resolution of faults.
- Investigate reported errors with customer and internal systems to determine cause and corrective action required within agreed Service Levels.
- Identify root cause of incident and propose solutions and workarounds
- Implement workaround and resolutions to incidents following re-defined procedures
- Receive & log incident call information from clients into a fault logging system, ensuring all details are accurate and meaningful and correspond to agreed service desk procedures.
- Liaise with third party technicians to assist with resolution of incidents
- Ensure agreed escalation procedures are adhered to and appropriate personnel are informed of high priority or potentially high-risk customer fault calls.
- Identify and document as necessary new technical reference material, ensuring any improvements identified are included into the overall support framework
- Prioritise and schedule support workload against the defined SLA Matrix
Be responsible for the compilation and distribution of statistics and reports as necessary
- Previous Service Desk experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent social skills to establish and maintain productive relationships both internal and external
- Ability to manage own workload
- Extremely accurate, numerate and is able to determine when is appropriate to invoke escalation processes
- Methodical and Analytic
If you are interested in this role, please apply asap and applications are being reviewed within 48 business hours. If you have not received a reply within this timeframe, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion due to the criteria as above.