20 hours per week Domestic Assistant
England, West Midlands, Coventry - £8 per hour
We are recruiting on behalf our client 2 part-time 20 hours per week for experienced Domestic Assistants, working shifts starting from 0800 - 1700 on 5/7 as required with some flexibility to work additional hours if required. These roles are situated within 3 miles radius of Coventry City Centre (multiple sites).
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of providing high quality cleaning services in a similar environment in addition to excellent customer service in a busy environment. You must be able to work on your own initiative and demonstrate an ability to prioritise tasks with minimum supervision. The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form is an essential attribute for this post. You will be expected to have a knowledge of the Microsoft Office package. Experience of working in a higher education environment is advantageous, but not essential.
Under the direction of an Assistant Residence Officer/Domestic Team Leader undertake
individually, or as part of a team, the cleaning of designated areas, in accordance with cleaning
Specifications, to ensure that they meet the required cleaning standard.
Ensure a high quality level of customer focussed service is provided at all times.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Undertake the full range of cleaning duties as directed on a day to day basis. Cleaning
Duties to include communal areas, stairs, corridors, lift entrance and the emptying of waste
bins and removal of rubbish to appropriate collection points.
2. Report any student related concerns/queries the Domestic Team Leader.
3. Use the full range of cleaning equipment and materials to ensure cleaning is undertaken in
Accordance with agreed specifications and work schedules, to an excellent standard.
4. Clean all types of surfaces, fixtures and fittings using appropriate methods, equipment and
5. Report requirements for repair or maintenance of equipment and unsafe methods of
working to the Domestic Team Leader.
6. Use appropriate equipment and cleaning materials to deals with incidents such as floods.
7. Comply in all aspects of work with COSHH and Health Safety legislation.
8. Maintain an effective and high profile relationship with residents throughout their stay,
responding to requests for information and assistance as necessary.
9. Participate in the calendar of annual events to include University Open Days and Induction and a 5 over 7 rota.
Duties may vary between term time and vacation periods.
AND such other duties that may be reasonably expected within the role.